Why It’s Important
Top 10 reasons to buy travel insurance
VP Financial in partnership with CUMIS would like to share its Top 10 reasons travel insurance should be top of mind whenever one travels abroad.
- They’re taking a leisure or business trip outside of their province/territory of residence
- They want to be protected in the event of sudden and unforeseen emergency health and medical situations
- They need to guard against financial losses and the costs of healthcare outside their province/territory of residence
- To have a family member brought to their bedside if they fall ill and are hospitalized outside of their province/territory of residence
- To access emergency dental treatment when outside of their province/territory of residence
- Because their credit card may not have all the benefits and coverage they need
- Because their company’s health benefits may not be sufficient
- They pay close attention to Government of Canada travel alerts before and during their trip
- They plan to travel extensively throughout Canada for the 150th celebrations from coast to coast to coast and know their government health care plan won’t cover ambulance or medical air evacuation
- Friends or family are coming to visit them in Canada from abroad
The chances of someone encountering an emergency health during their travels may be remote, but it always pays to be well prepared. The peace of mind that travel insurance provides is well worth it. Take it from a couple of members that shared their stories with us. You can read their stories by clicking HERE.
For more information on Travel Plans, please click HERE.
Got travel plans?
Get TRAVELin with travel insurance!
Please contact CUMIS directly at 1-877-885-2847 and provide them with your VP Financial discount code “9176”.
For full terms and conditions, including limitations and exclusions, refer to the policy. Travel insurance is underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company and administered by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd.