VP Financial would like to advise its membership that the British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant is still being offered by the provincial government. The $1,200 grant will be deposited to an eligible child’s Registered Education Savings Plan.
General eligibility criteria
- The beneficiary must be between ages 6 to 9 years old and the application for this grant must be no later than the day prior to beneficiary’s 9th birthday.
- Both the primary caregiver and the beneficiary must be British Columbia residents at the time of the application.
There are three quick steps to complete to obtain your grant:
Step 1: Determine if the beneficiary (child, grandchild) is eligible by visiting the B.C. government’s B.C. Training and Education Savings Grant website by clicking HERE.
Step 2: If your child is eligible, please contact us by phone or email us at [email protected] to setup an appointment with a Registered Plans Representative. A number of forms are required to be completed and identification for yourself and the beneficiary will be required.
To ensure the RESP set up is smooth & efficient for you, you will need to provide:
- Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate
- Beneficiary’s Social Insurance Number
- Beneficiary’s B.C. Service Card
- The Name of the Parents/Guardians
- The Name of the Primary Care Giver Information & their Social Insurance Number
NOTE: for Family plans, you will require the above information for each child
Step 3: Please ensure the subscriber of the RESP plan has an active VP Financial account.
For more information please give us a call or email [email protected].